Hey, all! With Half-Pint just a day away, we hope you’re getting your reusable bag ready as well as cheat sheets! And don’t forget to grab any paper bags you happen to have at your house for us to use… Just bring them with you to the sale and stash them with a volunteer at the checkout lane.
A few other things we want to let you know:
1) This year, for the first time, we have volunteers who will be working just to HELP you, our shoppers. We will have volunteers wearing Question marks on their backs – these are our Information Volunteers. They will help you find a bag, decide which bath tub to buy, and let you know the ins and outs of cloth diapering. They can show you the bathroom, help you find a good place to nurse, and find an Organizer if there is something she can’t answer. We’ll have someone working all day Friday during the public sale, as well as Saturday morning.
We also will have volunteers during the public sale on Friday who are solely there to help you determine what BABY CARRIER you need! They can let you know the plus’s and minus’s of each carrier, and most importantly, show you how to safely WEAR the carrier. So if you are in the market for a carrier, these volunteers are there to help. They even talked about possibly carrying a baby doll with them so they can show you how they work!
2) You won’t want to miss the Half-Pint Special over at Ironworks Cafe. During some of the sale they may even have someone outside our doors selling the goods. Don’t miss it!
3) Parking! We talk about alot about parking because it isn’t plentiful at the Goodman Community Center. However, the staff there are truly fabulous and have worked with other businesses around the area to have overflow parking. You’ll want to take a look at this post and map, but also be watchful for signs as you get to the center, as there may be signs out leading you to the jewel of the parking world. And please, we are begging you NOT to park in anything labeled “fire lane” or “no parking”, and in the Madison Kipp lot that is right across the railroad tracks from the GCC lot.
5) Spend some time reading through our Shopping Tips. There are a few things to note:
6) Strollers are NOT allowed during peak shopping times, namely anything before 5pm on Friday. It gets so crowded and it would be unsafe for everyone. We also highly recommend you not bring children. we know – sometimes you have no choices! But we’ve had several kids get lost (think shorter than the racks and at some peak shopping times, several hundred people packing the space). Finally, Children that are WORN are ALWAYS welcome, anytime! If you do bring kids, please make sure that they aren’t playing with the toys or sitting in the gear. We’ve had kids break things which they become unsellable. Thanks for understanding!
7) Our holding system changed a bit this year. First, if you are buying a large item in the “gear” area, find the Gear Volunteer (who will be properly labeled). She will get you a slip that you will take to the counter to buy it. Also, the hold tables will primarily be used for items that are big enough to pick up, but that would be in the way during shopping. The hold table is also fine for an entire Bag full of items/clothing that you plan to purchase, and knotted in the handles. You will then ask the gear volunteer for a hold slip. Items can stay on the Hold table for one hour maximum. PLEASE! Do not abandon these bags!!!!!
8) We only take cash and check!
Looking forward to seeing you:
Friday 2pm-8pm, and Saturday 8-Noon, and 1pm-5pm (when everything is half off!)
-Ellen and Lisa