The 13th annual Half-Pint Resale is here! Get your resuable bags ready and your cheat sheets complete. Summer is around the corner – and my guess is that there are littles (and school-aged bigs) who could use some new-to-you clothing, some toys, and how about a few birthday gifts stashed away – all on a budget?
13th Semi-Annual Spring/Summer Half-Pint Resale
Madison Curling Club
FREE ENTRANCE AND PARKING
Saturday, April 12, 2014- 8am-7pm
Sunday, April 13, 2014- 8am-1pm (when everything is half off!)
Here are a couple of things that might help you prepare for the season’s biggest shopping extravaganza:
1) Volunteers will be wearing black and will be wearing nametags. They are here to help you! There are a couple of volunteers with special duties that will really help you out: Volunteers in the GEAR/LARGE ITEM AREA will help you purchase large items so you can easily purchase them without hindering the rest of your shopping experience (look for the signs on the wall). Volunteers with a ASK ME ABOUT BABY CARRIERS sign on their backs are ladies who know a TON about baby carriers and will be hanging around in that area during a few hours of the sale to help you try carriers on and learn about what will be best for you and your baby. We hope that these folks will help make your shopping experience better.
2) There are two main areas at the Madison Curling Club. In the lobby area, there are tables, seats, and places to just take a load off! Feel free to come in and take a seat, nurse your baby, dig into some food from Slide Food Cart (which will be onsite during lunch and dinner hours Friday and Saturday). You are more than welcome to come and hang out – we only ask that you leave all yet-to-be-purchased items on the sales floor.
The sale area is in the arena part of the building. We will have hold tables where you could bag your items, if you say, need to go sit and nurse your babe or use the restroom. NOTE: The temperature in the arena area is similar in temperature to the temperature outside, due to the nature of the space. Dress in layers!
3) Spend some time reading through our Shopping Tips. There are a few things to highlight…
4) Strollers are NOT allowed during peak shopping times (anytime before Noon on Saturday). It gets crowded and it would be unsafe for everyone. We also highly recommend you not bring children. We know – sometimes you have no choice! But we’ve had several kids get lost (think kids shorter than the racks and at some peak shopping times, several hundred people packing the space). Finally, Children of any size that are WORN in a carrier are ALWAYS welcome, anytime! If you do bring kids, please make sure that they do not play with the toys or sit in the gear. We’ve had kids break things (and then the item is unsellable) or have had people pass over things they want to buy because they think that they are accounted for, only to find out later that the person using the item wasn’t intending to buy it, and then a consignor lost the sale.
5) Check out all of our tips about holding items on our shopping tips page. Remember that items can stay on the Hold table for one hour maximum. PLEASE! Don’t abandon items on this table! Shoppers and consignors alike miss out.
6) Don’t forget to come on Sunday during the Half-Price sale! Everything (excluding rare green-tagged items over $75 that a consignor asked to be excluded from the sale) is half-off!
7) And last, but not least, We only take cash and check! Keeping consignor checks as high as possible and keeping as much money in the community as possible.
-Ellen and Lisa
PS – Half-Pint is only possible because of the tremendous community we are a part of. Say thank to these folks next time you see them
PPS – Save a couple of bucks for some super awesome Half-Pint goods such as our new awesome Midwest Clay Project handmade mugs (tees and reusable bags still available as well) You can carry the Half-Pint love with you year round.