Half-Pint Resale is a twice per year consignment sale, with awesome stuff for kids aged 0-12, for new mommas, new parents, grandparents, and everyone who loves a little!
And then the sale opens to the public for an entire day, and good quality affordable items – tens of thousands of them! – fly off the shelves!
And then it’s Sunday! And the Half-Price sale begins. While the tables and racks are looking comparably empty, there are still so many good deals to be found!
And what is left at the end of the sale?
Hard to believe, isn’t it?
Spread the word!
Half-Pint Resale is
[550+ consignors] selling,
[45,000+ items], at ONE BIG WEEKEND LONG SALE
twice per year in spring and fall
for kiddos (ages 0-12) and expecting families
run by 2 local moms and 350+ volunteers
Thanks to First Moments Photography, Half-Pint’s photographer, for these amazing pics!
This coming weekend is the 11th annual Half-Pint Resale, the area’s largest children’s consignment sale. With only a few days left before the sale, we hope you’ve got your resuable bags ready and your cheat sheets complete. Despite the unusually cool weather, we promise that spring is around the corner– and my guess is that there are littles (and school-aged bigs) who could use some new-to-you clothing, some gear, some toys, and how about a few holiday or birthday gifts stashed away – all on a budget?!
Did you join us for the Fall sale? Remember how you felt when you dragged that big bag to the counter and wrote that budget-friendly check?
Here are a couple of things that might help you prepare for the season’s biggest shopping extravaganza:
1) Volunteers will be wearing black and will be wearing nametags. They are here to help you! There are a couple of volunteers with special duties that will really help you out: Volunteers in the GEAR AREA will help you purchase large items so you can easily purchase them without hindering the rest of your shopping experience (look for the signs on the wall). Volunteers with a ASK ME ABOUT BABY CARRIERS sign on their backs are ladies who know a TON about baby carriers and will be hanging around in that area during a few hours of the sale to help you try carriers on and learn about what will be best for you and your baby. We hope that these folks will help make your shopping experience better.
2) There are two main areas at the Madison Curling Club. In the lobby area, there are tables, seats, and places to just take a load off! Feel free to come in and take a seat, nurse your baby, dig into some food from this sale’s Food Carts. You are more than welcome to come and hang out – we only ask that you leave all unpurchased items on the sales floor. Thanks!
The sale area is in the arena part of the building. We will have hold tables where you could bag your items, if you say, need to go sit and nurse your babe or use the restroom (or get a sugar fix!). NOTE: The temperature in the arena area is similar in temperature to the temperature outside, due to the nature of the space. It may be warm, it may be cool, it all depends!
3) Spend some time reading through our Shopping Tips. There are a few things to highlight…
4) Strollers are NOT allowed during peak shopping times (anytime before Noon on Saturday). It gets so crowded and it would be unsafe for everyone. We also highly recommend you not bring children. We know – sometimes you have no choice! But we’ve had several kids get lost (think kids shorter than the racks and at some peak shopping times, several hundred people packing the space). Finally, Children of any size that are WORN in a carrier are ALWAYS welcome, anytime! If you do bring kids, please make sure that they do not play with the toys or sit in the gear. We’ve had kids break things (and then the item is unsellable) or have had people pass over things they want to buy because they think that they are accounted for, only to find out later that the person using the item wasn’t intending to buy it, and then a consignor lost the sale. THANKS for understanding!!
5) Check out all of our tips about holding items on our shopping tips page. Remember that items can stay on the Hold table for one hour maximum. PLEASE! Don’t abandon items on this table! Shoppers and consignors alike miss out!
6) Don’t forget to come on Sunday during the Half-Price sale for the Fun Booth thanks to First Moments Photography!!! Come have fun with us!
And last, but not least, We only take cash and check! Keeping consignor checks as high as possible and keeping as much money in the community as possible.
Looking forward to seeing you:
Saturday, April 20, 2013- 8am-6pm, and Sunday, April 21, 2013- 8am-1pm when everything is half off!
-Ellen and Lisa
PS – Half-Pint is only possible because of the tremendous community we are a part of. Say thank to these folks next time you see them –
PPS – Save a couple of bucks for some super awesome Half-Pint goods (tees, stainless steel sippy’s, glass insulated travel mugs, and flip and tumbles!) You can carry the Half-Pint love with you year round.
We’re kicking things back into gear and hope that you’re planning to join us in April for the SEVENTH semi-annual Half-Pint Resale!
First, get the sale on your calendar! Click here for all of the ins and outs and times and details. The sale will be held again at the Goodman Center – We’re thrilled that they continue to work with us to make it possible for us to take over their busy center for so many days. If you see the staff while you are there, please make sure to say Thanks! There aren’t a lot of space options in town and we feel very lucky to have scored the best.
The main thing you’ll notice is that we slightly anded the times for the Volunteer and Consignor sales due to high demand. We highly recommend taking a second look at the sale post these presales because there are things you’ll never see until they are unearthed! But we also understand the need for a few more minutes for one more rack, one more pass through the toy section, one more looksie at the linens… (It’s so hard to stop shopping!)
We’ll continue to offer our Loot Valet service which allows shoppers to leave their purchased items with a volunteer attendant to later drive-up and load their great finds into the car with ease. No more fretting over a distant parking spot and the idea of carrying everything you want to buy – so Shop Away! Consignors, we’ll have similar service for consignor drop-off as well.
Of course, the HIGH QUALITY of the goods being sold and the incredibly affordable prices won’t change a bit! As veteran thrift shoppers, we know how important this aspect is to the success of the sale. We take great pride in making sure that the items being put on the sale floor are in gently used condition. The AFFORDABLE prices, well we certainly can’t take any credit for that. We have been so impressed with the fair and affordable prices consignors pass onto shoppers and believe this is cornerstone to Half-Pint’s continued success. Half-Pint Resale is only as good as its consignors and we think the world of the folks who Consign with us.
Consignor Registration is now Open and will remain open until April 1. Check out the Consigning page on our website to learn about all of the fabulous perks of consigning. You can also check out our new list that more clearly identifies what we take for each sale – worth a quick perusal, even if you are a veteran consignor!
Registering Early has it’s perks!
(for returning consignors) – Win a pass for you and one friend to enter a 15 minutes early into the Volunteer Sale – (1 winner!)
Registration is easy! Don’t delay!
And for those of you who STUCK OUT the Consignor check-in last year, we are on top of it and hope that this year’s system will make things quicker for everyone.
There isn’t any reason to wait- Register now, and start purging and tagging!
Lots more to come in the upcoming days – an updated Crib Checklist, volunteer registration, Printable Posters, a play by play of the ins and outs of consigning, fun contests and ways to get your pre-Half-Pint fix!
We’re excited to see y’all again!
Ellen and Lisa
We created a survey. We just want to learn a bit more about you, our super fantabulous LOVELY consignors, volunteers, shoppers and overall supporters. Would you mind taking a few minutes to fill it out?
If you leave us your name and email address, we’ll enter you into a drawing to win a Half-Pint Tee of your choice. Oh yeah, baby. Free clothes.