Thrifty Friends — the 10th Half-Pint Resale is here!
It’s the 10th Annual Half-Pint Resale!
This coming weekend is the 10th annual Half-Pint Resale, the area’s largest children’s consignment sale. With only a few days left before the sale, we hope you’ve got your resuable bags ready and your cheat sheets complete. Despite the warm weather, Fall and Winter is upon us – and my guess is that there are littles (and school-aged bigs) who could use some new-to-you clothing, some gear, some toys, and how about a few holiday or birthday gifts stashed away – all on a budget?!
Did you join us for the Spring sale? Remember how you felt when you dragged that big bag to the counter and wrote that budget-friendly check? (was it exciting for you, too?)
Here are a couple of things that might help you prepare for the season’s biggest shopping extravaganza:
1) Volunteers will be wearing black and will be wearing nametags. They are here to help you! There are a couple of volunteers with special duties that will really help you out: Volunteers in the GEAR AREA will help you purchase large items so you can easily purchase them without hindering the rest of your shopping experience. Volunteers with a ASK ME ABOUT BABY CARRIERS sign on their backs are ladies who know a TON about baby carriers and will be hanging around in that area during a few hours of the sale to help you try carriers on and learn about what will be best for you and your baby. We hope that these folks will help make your shopping experience better.
2) There are two main areas at the Madison Curling Club. In the lobby area, there are tables, seats, and places to just take a load off! Feel free to come in and take a seat, nurse your baby, eat some delicious La Fortuna pizza with some friends. You are more than welcome to come and hang out – we only ask that you leave all unpurchased items on the sales floor. Thanks!
The sale area is in the arena part of the building. We will have hold tables where you could bag your items, if you say, need to go sit and nurse your babe or use the restroom (or get a sugar fix!). NOTE: The temperature in the arena area is similar in temperature to the temperature outside, due to the nature of the space. It may be warm, it may be cool, it all depends!
3) Spend some time reading through our Shopping Tips. There are a few things to highlight…
4) Strollers are NOT allowed during peak shopping times (anything before Noon on Saturday). It gets so crowded and it would be unsafe for everyone. We also highly recommend you not bring children. We know – sometimes you have no choice! But we’ve had several kids get lost (think kids shorter than the racks and at some peak shopping times, several hundred people packing the space). Finally, Children of any size that are WORN in a carrier are ALWAYS welcome, anytime! If you do bring kids, please make sure that they aren’t playing with the toys or sitting in the gear. We’ve had kids break things which they become unsellable. Thanks for understanding!
5) Check out all of our tips about holding items on our shopping tips page. Remember that items can stay on the Hold table for one hour maximum. PLEASE! Don’t abandon items on this table! Shoppers and consignors alike miss out!
6) Don’t forget to come on Sunday during the Half-Price sale for the Fun Booth thanks to First Moments Photography!!! Come have fun with us!
And last, but not least, We only take cash and check! Keeping consignor checks as high as possible and keeping as much money in the community as possible.
Looking forward to seeing you:
Saturday, September 8, 2012- 8am-6pm (new earlier hours!), and Sunday, September 9, 2012- 8am-1pm when everything is half off!
-Ellen and Lisa
PS – Half-Pint is only possible because of the tremendous community we are a part of. Say thank to these folks next time you see them –
PPS – Save a couple of bucks for a Half-Pint Resale Flip and Tumble! You can carry the Half-Pint love with you year round.