Trying to work on Half-Pint on an election night is a lesson in focus. I’m not sure I’ve succeeded… However….
Something we can ALL get excited about is THRIFTINESS!
Let’s do it!
This coming weekend is the 7th annual Half-Pint Resale, the area’s largest (not to mention local) children’s consignment sale. With only a few days left before the sale, we hope you’ve got your resuable bags ready and your cheat sheets complete.
Here are a couple of other things that might help you with your shopping extravaganza:
1) Volunteers will be wearing black and will be wearing nametags. They are here to help you! There are a couple of volunteers with special duties that will really help you out: Volunteers with a QUESTION MARK sign on their backs are the volunteers assigned to helping you. Wondering about cloth diapering? Can’t figure out how to use that bizarre but interesting looking contraption? Don’t understand how to check-out, need a bathroom, or can’t find the bags? They are there to help! Volunteers with a GEAR VOLUNTEER sign on their backs will help you purchase large items in the front gear area so you can easily purchase them without hindering the rest of your shopping experience. Volunteers with a ASK ME ABOUT BABY CARRIERS sign on their backs are ladies who know a TON about baby carriers and will be hanging around in that area to help you try carriers on and learn about what will be best for you and your baby. We hope that these folks will help make your shopping experience better. As always, we’d love to hear if it was a help!
2) Who are those folks selling the delicious cookies and sandwiches with the ready supply of hot coffee right outside our sale doors? Why, it’s the ever delicious and socially conscious Ironworks Cafe. Trying to decide to buy or not to buy? Just remember that every purchase helps teens learn important skills regarding running a business – or perhaps is even making a future chef! ‘Nuf Said.
3) Parking! We talk about alot about parking because it isn’t plentiful at the Goodman Community Center. However, the staff there are truly fabulous and have worked with other businesses around the area to have overflow parking. You’ll want to take a look at this post and map, but also be watchful for signs as you get to the center, as there may be signs out leading you to the jewel of the parking world. And please, we are begging you NOT to park in anything labeled “fire lane” or “no parking”, and in the Madison Kipp lot that is right across the railroad tracks from the GCC lot. (Danke!)
4) Spend some time reading through our Shopping Tips. There are a few things to highlight…
5) Strollers are NOT allowed during peak shopping times (anything before 5pm on Friday). It gets so crowded and it would be unsafe for everyone. We also highly recommend you not bring children. We know – sometimes you have no choice! But we’ve had several kids get lost (think kids shorter than the racks and at some peak shopping times, several hundred people packing the space). Finally, Children that are WORN in a carrier are ALWAYS welcome, anytime! If you do bring kids, please make sure that they aren’t playing with the toys or sitting in the gear. We’ve had kids break things which they become unsellable. Thanks for understanding!
6) There will not be an Express Lane at this sale... I don’t imagine there are too many people saying boohoo because for those of you who have waited in that Express Lane earlier in the sale when the lines are longer, you know that it didn’t actually get you through any faster and was hard to manage. SO! In light of that, we’ve added extra detagging stations at the checkout and faster ways to bag your items. Here is crossing-my-fingers that the lines move swiftly!
7) Check out all of our tips about holding items on our shopping tips page. Remember that items can stay on the Hold table for one hour maximum. PLEASE! Don’t abandon items on this table! Shoppers and consignors alike miss out!
8) Finally, don’t forget to bring a donation for the Goodman Community Center’s Fritz Food Pantry. Thanks to the Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream, everyone who donates will be entered to win ICE CREAM FOR A YEAR. (And no, it is NOT April Fools). You will find the donation box in the Lobby of the Gymnasium (the location of the sale) Thursday – Saturday.
And last, but not least, We only take cash and check! Keeping consignor checks as high as possible and keeping as much money in the community as possible. Thanks for understanding!
Looking forward to seeing you:
Friday 2pm-8pm, and Saturday 8-Noon, and 1pm-5pm (when everything is half off!)
-Ellen and Lisa