We are so glad you are interested in learning more about the Half-Pint community! We hope you decide to become part of it.
If you want to learn more about being a part of our sales, you’ve come to the right place. There are two sales every year; see the schedule on our Upcoming Sale Information page.
Make sure to join our mailing list, and contact us at email@example.com with any questions!
If you are like everyone else we know, you have bins of kid items that are still in great condition, but can no longer be used by anyone in your family. Get those items back out into the community and get a big-ole’ check in return! Consigning is easy (much easier than a garage sale!) and addictive – AND consignors get to shop before the public. Are you sold already? Go to our New Consignor Registration page to sign up!
Looking for the main details of why to consign? Consignors:
- receive 70% of sales, much higher than consignment stores. Volunteering isn’t necessary to receive this high percentage.
- only pay $11 to consign! Consignment fee is collected at time of registration through PayPal. (Don’t have PayPal? You can also pay by a credit card, through the PayPal website. Just follow the prompts.) This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- set the price of their own sales.
- use an easy tagging system to prep items for sale. See the links on the how to page.
- attend the consignor pre-sale! To be eligible, you must have at least 30 items (clothing, gear, groups of books/toys/etc) to sell. Only one person from a consignor family may attend the presale. If you would like to have you and your spouse/partner/mother/friend shop with you, we recommend that one of you volunteers. Want to be FIRST to shop the sale, or don’t have 30 items total? Volunteer!
- receive rapid payment – checks are delivered electronically within 10 business days.
- have the opportunity to pick up the items you did not sell after the sale is over, OR have Half-Pint donate the items for you.
One of the best benefits of volunteering is that you get to shop before everyone else. Does your child only wear soft pants (with no prints, zippers, buttons, or snaps)? Mine does, and sorting through picked over racks never leaves enough of the very few pants he will wear. Volunteers get to see the largest selection.
There are volunteer opportunities to fit everyone’s preferences. Help get the word out on your own time by canvassing. Sign up for an evening shift. Or sign up for two shifts and be someone’s best friend by getting a second pass to the pre-sale.
Half-Pint Resale is successful for everyone because of our awesome volunteers! Because 400 fabulous volunteers make the sale go off without a hitch, it’s difficult for us to make a lot of changes. When we are short volunteers, it affects others who have made the commitment. We understand schedules change (ours do to!) but only register for shifts that you know you can make or until you have secured child care.
Sign up and read more details here.